What is an IT Recruiter?
An IT recruiter is someone who specializes in connecting Information Technology professionals with companies and roles across a wide variety of industries. They can source talent for temporary, permanent, as well as project based jobs and typically assess candidates based on experience, technical expertise, and programming skills.
What Does an IT Recruiter Do?
IT recruiters are great if you are looking for a job in IT and don't know where to start, or if you are a hiring or project manager and need to hire an IT professional. IT recruiters will screen all candidates and find the right one for each position based on their skill set. They serve as a liaison or account manager for companies and potential employees, assisting in finding the right people to get the job done and create successes. Most IT recruiters also have technical expertise and first-hand knowledge, better assisting them in identifying the perfect fit for open positions.
Benefits For IT Job Seekers
If you are searching for a new IT role and aren’t sure where to begin, recruitment agencies can often be the best place to start.
- Meeting with an IT recruiter will guarantee you a better chance at finding the perfect job for your skill-set and will also save you the hassle of sifting through hundreds of IT ads and positions.
- The recruiter will be with you every step of the journey and can even give you advice on how to best present your personal brand and generate interest in your skills.
- If you are switching between jobs, whether within the IT industry, or moving from another sector to the IT industry, they can advise you on where best to apply your focus.
- They may already have some clients who are looking for someone just like you, and letting them know where you are coming from and where you would like to go, can land you at the perfect project or permanent employer.
Benefits For Companies/Hiring Managers
If you are in need of IT expertise, whether for a project or on a permanent basis, the best place to start is usually with an IT recruiter.
- They will connect you with the right IT professional for your needs.
- Their knowledge and skills within the IT industry will give them the right perspective to understand exactly what kind of skills you are looking for.
- This is great if you are not personally proficient with IT and are not sure specifically what talents and skills you should recruit for.
- By using an IT recruiter, you cut out the guesswork and the false starts. They will set you up with someone who has the skills and experience to help you finish your project, whether this is a temporary or permanent position.
IT recruiters can make the whole process of finding an IT job or a professional for your team much easier for everyone. They are able to cut through the guesswork, the dead-end drudgery of endless ads, and deliver the best options for your specific needs. For more information about ICS Information Technology roles and recruiting visit http://www.infinity-cs.com/find-a-job/information-technology/.